The story of Vinedos Aurora begins with winemaker IQ Option Gerardo Espinosa’s grandfather, Victor Anaya Rocha who first came to California’s Central Valley from Michoacan, Mexico in 1944 to work in the fields. Espinosa, like his grandfather and uncles before him, grew up traveling between Mexico and Central California.
By pulling their resources, the Anaya family purchased land in the Clements Hills American Viticultural Area outside of Lodi and planted Petite Sirah and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes which they began selling to Lodi’s larger premium wineries.
The family recognized that in order to keep the vineyard viable for future generations, they needed to begin producing their own wine. In 2002, they crafted their first wines in the classic ‘garagistes’ (garage) tradition from the estate-grown Petite Sirah.
Espinosa, who maintains a career in the architectural field, immersed himself in enology and the winemaking business in 2007 and released the family’s first commercial vintage in 2009 under the name Vinedos Aurora, named after his maternal grandmother and carrying the meaning ‘vineyard that receives the first light of day’.
Join the Viñedos Aurora family
We invite you to join the Viñedos Aurora family and take full advantage of the benefits of membership:
- Receive a 20% discount on all of your wine purchases.
- 3 bottles of wine twice a year (spring and fall); average cost of $60 per shipment.
- Receive first priority on our limited wine offerings.
- Exclusive Wine Club ‘members only’ and pick-up parties.
- 30% discount coupon for referring a friend who subscribes to the VA Wine Club.
- No annual fee. You may cancel your membership at any time by email or phone.
- We are not done yet! The first 100 club members who subscribe will receive an extra 5% discount (a total discount of 25%) on purchases for LIFE.
There are 2 easy ways to join:
- 1. Call us at (209) 810-0824
- 2. Download the application form below and mail it to us. Download
- Please Mail to:
Prior to shipment, you will receive an email notifying you of the wine offering and delivery schedule. The credit card on file will be charged upon shipment.